Blog Image

heliblog

RC Helicopter flying, RC Cars and RC boating

Made for other people and me to track what I am doing when with my remote controlled units. It started out with helicopters. Hence the name.

If only one of my units is of interest, this unit can be clicked on the right and only posts regarding that unit shows up.

This blog is open for comments so feel free to leave a comment.

PT-15 deck fixed in place

Tamiya PT-15 Japan MTB Posted on Jan 24, 2015 20:00:29

Not so much to say about it. I have fixed the deck on the PT-15. This means it will be somewhat harder to make modifications to the RC installation. I used Silicone to fix the deck. It will fill out cracks between the hull and the deck and it can be cut if I ever need to remove the deck. I had to do a tiny little adaptation to get the front deck fitted.

Now I’ll look into finishing a few deck details I couldn’t do before the deck was in place. Then I’ll have to figure out how to fix the superstructure so it will be easy to remove and I won’t loose it.

Here is how this boat looks now with the deck in place:

smiley



Fortune RC installation upgrade

Kyosho Fortune 612 III Posted on Jan 24, 2015 13:49:04

I wasn’t satisfied with the RC installation in the Fortune. For this reason I decided to play around with it and see what I could do. For one thing I didn’t like the 4 AA batteries. I would like to run on a 2S LiPo. Furthermore I would like to have a high quality servo controlling the sails. When I found the HiTec HS-5646WP I decided to try those for both rudder and sail.

Furthermore I had an extra Futaba R7003SB receiver I didn’t use. Using that allows me to monitor the voltage on the battery as I can monitor the receiver voltage without. I had some issues with reconfiguring the s-bus channel so I ended using the two other channels on the receiver. Fortunately the transmitter allows me to freely bind controls to channels.

I also decided I would change the lay-out of the installation. For that I would need a different battery tray. I designed one on openSCAD and had a friend of mine 3D print it. He printed it in both one and two pieces. I couldn’t make the two part battery tray stick together so I ended up using the one part print.

Here are some pictures of it:

smiley