I wasn’t satisfied with the RC installation in the Fortune. For this reason I decided to play around with it and see what I could do. For one thing I didn’t like the 4 AA batteries. I would like to run on a 2S LiPo. Furthermore I would like to have a high quality servo controlling the sails. When I found the HiTec HS-5646WP I decided to try those for both rudder and sail.

Furthermore I had an extra Futaba R7003SB receiver I didn’t use. Using that allows me to monitor the voltage on the battery as I can monitor the receiver voltage without. I had some issues with reconfiguring the s-bus channel so I ended using the two other channels on the receiver. Fortunately the transmitter allows me to freely bind controls to channels.

I also decided I would change the lay-out of the installation. For that I would need a different battery tray. I designed one on openSCAD and had a friend of mine 3D print it. He printed it in both one and two pieces. I couldn’t make the two part battery tray stick together so I ended up using the one part print.

Here are some pictures of it:

smiley