Last week I found the time to take the gearbox out of the Bruiser so the slipper clutch could be tightened. Not so much to taking the gearbox out. It seems to be designed for easy removal. I did have to cut some cable ties I had added so the cables wouldn’t be all over.

When doing this kind of thing it is always nice to have the manual at hand. This will show how things comes apart and goes back together. One frightening thing I found when I had taken the gearbox apart was that a shim and a bearing was missing.

Apparently I had assembled the gearbox wrong when I put the slipper clutch in. The Bruiser had been running fine even without the missing parts, but now i have put them in as I believe it is better to have the gearbox assembled correctly.

I haven’t tried the Bruiser out in terrain yet so I don’t know if I am content with this adjustment. The test run indoor does however show that there is much less slip in the slipper clutch now. So this operation was definitely an improvement.

smiley