As I am not really a fan of the stained hull Jenny has, I decided to put some strips on the sides of the hull. I found some 10×0,5mm mahogany strips. This was the widest strips I could find that were still very slim. If I had found some wider strips I would have picked those instead. Further mahogany seems to be the only kind of wood offered in this very thin format. Otherwise I might have picked another kind of wood.

The hull already had been given some layers of lacquer, so I also gave the strips a layer of lacquer on both sides. Then I sanded the strips and the hull very gently. The strips were easily cut to length using a scissor. Finally I glued the strips to the sides of the hull using CyanoAcrylate. Very easy to get them to stick. Much easier than what I experienced building the Phantom. If I was to build the Phantom again, I would definitely put some layers of lacquer on the hull and mahogany strips before gluing them to the hull.

Now I have some sanding to do and I still have some gaps to fill in the hull before I proceed. I should probably put some more lacquer on the mahogany before trying to fill in the gaps so the glue won’t mess with the mahogany. At some point I will make the mahogany bright and shiny as I did on the Phantom. Hopefully I know how to do it faster this time, but it will probably take at least 10 layers of lacquer before I am done.

Some pictures:

Thanks for looking smiley